We have a big day planned for the students who are selected for the Western New York Youth Climate Action Summit. All events will be facilitated by Wester New York Master Teachers, Buffalo State faculty, and leaders in the local community around student activism and climate change.
- Introduction to Climate Change and Keynote speaker (TBD)
- Three hands-on inquiry activities for students to engage in methods for mitigating Climate Change
- Carbon-counting lunch activity
- Tour of Buffalo State’s new science, math and technology facilities
- Action planning session – students will work with others to create a community plan
- Social evening activity to cap the night